27.6 C
Colombo
Monday, June 27, 2022

73% of covid deaths in Sri Lanka are those who have not been vaccinated

Among them, 7% received both doses and 20% received one 


According to the information obtained from the Ministry of Health under the Right to Information Act, as of 30th September 2021, 73% of those who have died due to covid19 infection in Sri Lanka had not been vaccinated while the remaining 27%  had either received at least one dose of the covid vaccine.

The RTI application was submitted on 11th September 2021 and the reply was dated 5th October 2021.

The total number of covid deaths reported from Sri Lanka up to September 30 was around 12906, out of which 3540 were individuals who had received at least one dose of the covid vaccine and the remaining 9366 had not been vaccinated.

Of the 3540 persons who died after receiving the vaccine, 2533 had received only the first dose and is about 20% of the total number of covid deaths. The remaining 1,007  had received both doses and accounted for about 7%.

 Of the 3540 people who died of covid19 infection even after being vaccinated, the type of vaccine administered was known only for 1165 cases. The Ministry of Health were unaware as to which type of vaccination had been administered to the remaining 2345.

By Rahul Samantha Hettiarachchi

Related Articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Stay Connected

1,518FansLike
0FollowersFollow
0SubscribersSubscribe
- Advertisement -

Latest Articles